Capital One Venture X Business Credit Card Review
2024.1 Update: The new offer is 150k-300k. The spending requirement is crazily high, therefore it is only suitable for those who have a huge amount of spending.
2023.9 Update: This card is now available online (previously only available via business relationship manager). The welcome offer is 150k.
- 300k offer: earn 150,000 Capital One miles after spending $20,000 in first 3 months. Earn additional 150,000 Capital One miles after spending $100,000 in the first 6 months. That’s 300k miles in total. This is the best offer on this card.
- Earn unlimited 10x miles on hotels and rental cars booked through Capital One Travel and 5x miles on flights booked through Capital One Travel, plus unlimited 2x miles on all other purchases.
- The overall value of Capital One Miles is 1.6 cent/point. See below for a brief introduction.
- Get 10,000 bonus miles every year, starting on your first anniversary. No spending required.
- $300 Annual Travel Credit (membership year): Receive up to $300 in statement credits when booking through Capital One Travel.
- Complimentary access to the following lounge collections (for both primary card holder and authorized users):
- Capital One Lounges, 2 complementary guests.
- Priority Pass Select (PPS) lounges, 2 complementary guests. Authorized users will get a separated PPS card.
- Plaza Premium lounges, 2 complementary guests.
- Up to $100 credit for Global Entry or TSA Precheck application fee.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- $395 annual fee, NOT waived for the first year.
- Capital One will pull all three major credit bureaus (Experian, TransUnion, Equifax) for one credit card application!
Introduction to Capital One (C1) Miles
- You can earn C1 Miles with two kinds of cards: Miles earning cards, or cashback earninng cards. Miles earning cards mainly include: Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card, Capital One VentureOne Rewards Credit Card, Capital One Spark Miles for Business. Cashback earning cards mainly include: Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card, Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card, Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card, Capital One Spark Cash Plus etc.
- You can move your C1 Miles from one Miles earning card to another Miles earning card at any time, and you can also move your cashback from a cashback earning card to a Miles earning card at any time. However, you can not move your Miles from a Miles earning card to a cashback earning card, therefore cashback is more flexible than Miles in C1's system.
- C1 Miles never expire. You will lose the C1 Miles on one card if you close the account, but you can prevent losing your C1 Miles by moving the points to another C1 card beforehand.
- If you have a Miles earning card, C1 Miles can be transferred to some airline miles and hotel points. Some good 1:1 transfer options are: Air Canada (AC) (Star Alliance), Avianca (AV) (Star Alliance), Asia Miles (CX) (Oneworld), British Airways (BA), and Wyndham hotel points, etc. If you use C1 Miles in this way, the value is about 1.6 cents/point.
- You can redeem your C1 Miles towards travel expense at a fixed ratio 1.0 cent/point. You can also redeem your C1 Miles towards some merchants gift cards at a fixed raiot 1.0 cent/point.
- You can redeem your C1 Miles towards statement credit at a fixed ratio 0.5 cents/point.
- In summary, we estimate that C1 Miles are worth about 1.6 cents/point.
Recommended Application Time
- We recommend you apply for this card after you have a credit history of at least two years and you are very comfortable with the credit card game.
- [1/6 rule] You can only apply for 1 Capital One credit card for every 6 months, including both personal and business credit cards. You will get automatic denial if you violate this rule, but there will be no hard pull.
This card is essentially the same as the personal card Capital One Venture X except that it is a business credit card. This card has $395 annual fee, but it comes with 10k miles and $300 travel portal credit every year, and they can basically cover the annual fee. Capital One has improved its miles program over the years significantly, nowadays the transfer ratio is almost all 1:1, so it’s strong enough to compete with UR/MR/TYP/Marriott points system now. Therefore, its 2x miles earning ability is very strong. Its welcome offer is generous but its spending requirement is huge. This card is suitable for big spenders.
Related Credit Cards
- Capital One Spark Miles
- Capital One Venture X Business (this card)